2019-2020 TX BoS CoC Board
TX BoS CoC Governance Documents
The TX BoS CoC is responsible for updating the TX BoS CoC Governance Charter and CoC Written Standards at minimum, annually. The documents governing the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care activities can be found below.
Request for Public Comment on Coordinated Entry Written Standards:
The TX BoS CoC is seeking public comment on proposed changes to the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care Coordinated Entry Written Standards. A public comment period allows for stakeholders to review proposed policy, procedure, and statutory compliance implementation and provide feedback based on experience and expertise.
The document with proposed changes can be found here: Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care Coordinated Entry Written Standards
The document with a summary of proposed changes can be found here: Request for Public Comment PDF
A recording of the public webinar explaining proposed changes to the document can be found here:
Public Webinar for Public Comment on Coordinated Entry Written Standards
There are 3 rounds of public comment:
1. Monday, January 6, 2020 to Friday, January 17, 2020
2. Monday, January 27, 2020 to Friday, February 7, 2020
3. Monday, February 17, 2020 to Friday, February 28, 2020
Any persons who live or work in the CoC’s geographic area and have an interest in preventing and ending homelessness can submit a comment in 3 different ways:
1. Google Form: https://forms.gle/PUkaTdKA3QoJuULeA
2. Email CE@THN.org (Subject line: “Public Comment for CE Written Standards”)
3. Schedule a phone call with the Systems Change Team here:
TX BoS CoC Policies & Procedures
The TX BoS CoC is responsible for updating the TX BoS CoC Policies & Procedures document annually. This document outlines key operational components of the Continuum of Care (CoC), including universal policies and procedures, which have been adopted by the CoC Board, or references to other policy and procedure or guideline documents for the CoC. The TX BoS CoC Policies & Procedures document is a companion document to the TX BoS CoC Governance Charter. See the most recent revision of the TX BoS CoC Policies & Procedures document here.The following policies have been adopted for the TX BoS CoC by the CoC Board since the last TX BoS CoC Policies & Procedures annual review:
The TX BoS CoC Governance Structure consists of:
- CoC General Members: Anyone interested in ending homelessness who lives or works in the TX BoS CoC geographic area.
- CoC Board: 15 member decision-making entity elected by the CoC General Members
- Local Homeless Coalitions (LHCs): Local-level groups within the TX BoS CoC that make specific plans to end homelessness in their communities.
- CoC Standing Committees
- Executive Committee
- HMIS Committee
- Coordinated Entry Steering Committee
- CoC Ad Hoc Committees
- CoC Standing Committees
- CoC Collaborative Applicant: The agency that applies for CoC Program funds. In the TX BoS CoC, this role is filled by Texas Homeless Network.
- CoC HMIS Lead Agency: The agency appointed by the CoC to administer and operate HMIS. In the TX BoS CoC, this role is filled by Texas Homeless Network.
- CoC Lead Agency and staff support: The agency appointed by the CoC to carry out the legislatively mandated duties established by the CoC Interim Rule. In the TX BoS CoC, this role is filled by Texas Homeless Network.
TX BoS CoC Board
CoC General Membership
- Run or vote for CoC Board positions
- Participate in Local Homeless Coalition meetings
- Attend CoC General Membership Meetings
- Respond to requests for comment on proposed TX BoS CoC policies
- Much more!